Thursday, February 12, 2015

You STILL can love what you do for a living and still prosper

COOTERS JOURNAL1EXE

Yesterday as I perused my email on my personal email account, I saw a post from our friend Nick at Tow Parts Now.

Part of what Nick said was accurate enough, but I came away kinda miffed.

Granted, your not going to win any friends in the High school counselors office when you say what you want to do when you graduated is to start your own towing company, and two; there is no magic path or book to tell you how to start, maintain or sustain a successful tow service. That said, I can remember on leave from the Marines in 1977 catching a glimpse of a red Chevy 1975 Tow truck outside of a pancake place in Twin Falls Idaho. A naked Selena Gomez walking by could not have out shown or upstaged that 75 Chevy tow truck, something of a slight vapor coming from her stacks, her marker lights on, and her chrome shinning in the dawn breaking light captured me unlike anything I had ever seen. 6 months later my Dad died, I came home from MCAS, saw my Chevy girl for sale, made a deal and in April 1978 I bought my Chevy girl Tow truck that has the name LexiBelle. >adxelexi When I finally went from Active duty to Active Reserve, I began building my company originally known as Highway Hooker Towing. Out of the small rural town of Hagerman Idaho. Today with 5 trucks in 8 locations throughout Idaho, Utah and now here in Wyoming running as Cooter’s Toewing/DixieWolf Toewing, I know I made the right choice. As to the fact that or question of do you do what you love, the answer is yes, From that first morning at Sambo’s Restaurant in Twin Falls when I first saw my LexiBelle, to now all I have really loved is towing. I dreamed about it , I lived the lifestyle and still do. Sure I had a lot to learn to go tow, yes there are challenges, but I have never ever thought of doing much of if anything else. Sure I fly crop duster helicopter during the summer when tow volume is slow, but I still love towing. So yes Nick you can do what you love to do, you don’t need to cut the throats of former employers or employees to get there, and you still can be a success. The question of is LexiBelle still alive? The answer is yes, just getting some needed attention at Magic Valley Transmissions in Twin falls, and will be building a new floor board there real soon.

TTYLY

ayresig1acer

No comments:

Post a Comment