Friday, December 26, 2014

Can I really make a home here?

Dixie Nation News wolf bark

As much as I’m in the throws of getting out of grand Wyoming here, there’s a swelling desire to remain and build an entire empire at least for the Knytes and at the same time life for me.

I at least for everything that is, I have a decent home, not a palace but a home, to other people it’d be just another old trailer house, I have seen and lived in worse, the apartment in Ogden, having to sleep in the office, the having to live in the shop near Burley two years ago. Trust me the assemblance of a home is pretty attractive. Yet I am face with a technology and a workforce that was assembled during time of the old frontier not the next dimension into a grand galaxy, or at least a glorious new expanse of a more intelligent, more accepting and a much more rewarding planet. Of which this piece of sand called Evanston Wyoming is going to be a part of, and its time to get the Church out of city hall, its time to expand a much wider view than the limited focus of what many see here now. It’s time , and the Knytes are ready and very able to make this happen, but timing may be wrong. I may have to do a thing of go to Utah, secure everything there for two or three months then return, get another place to snooze and continue but as far as the Knytes and I are concerned, count the Knytes in we are here. Things that are not here will be, like a newspaper that operates 24 hours a day, that will become twice weekly, the new paper will be like that of yesterday with the efficiency of today and the future. Dig this, they got out a paper, but there are no classifieds? Bet some people who placed ads will be a bit pissed . Online editions, make me have to subscribe to read? Bullsbreath, here’s an idea, how about let the paper be accessible to everyone both print and online and let it be completely advertiser supported, not subscriber supported as it is now. Of course I’d subscribe, but if the paper delivery is like the local post office, I might get this weeks paper a month from now, I just got today a Happy card from a friend in Woodruff , Today a month ago he mailed it. Is this a way of getting things done? A cable company that can’t see its nose to spite its face of running cable access just across the road and into our trailer park? The drop for AllWest is just across the road, less than 500 feet. Hey I love the company of AllWest, but I also think they’re a bit short sighted here. Then of course no local TV. What happened to the translators on the hill? They’re dead. I’m going to try doing a digital antenna and converter, but that’s not it, I can get the majority of what I need to see online from Salt Lake City. What I want to see is news, and features of here in Uinta County and Evanston. I know NGL and all have the intelligence to help us build a straight forward digital internet based TV station here, but I know they have much more intelligence to help us build an LPTV station here to do local TV. The Fcc just opened the window for that and the Knytes are not loosing time or let snow freeze under our feet here. It’s nice to have partners like NGL, now if we could just get the Herald to be a partner.

But I’m counting down the days, its 6 more days until I have money in the bank, the big decision now for me is do I negotiate to move equipment from Woods Cross, here, or do I give up this trailer, go down there, remain there over the rest of the winter then try to get this thing going in the spring?

So the question, Can I really Make a Home here?

TTYLY

my tag_thumb CLUB WYNGZ2

DXEAYRE TAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment