Sunday, December 21, 2014

It wasn’t just a TV show

wolf tymez WOLF HOWL

Its not just a TV show. Many consider the infamous VMA214 BlackSheep Squadron that ran on TV in 1984 to 1986, telling rather dramatically the legend of the 214, loosely taken from Col. Boyington’s book. Many do not realize that Boyington trained at a small air strip north of Bear River Wyoming.

But since 1977 to 2005 I served with this squadron what i did there I can’t say its classified, but I got my pink sheet in late 2005. Decided to look up an old gal in Evanston here, that was the beginning of the end.

I’ll get into that later.

It’s nice to know there are people looking after you that you don’t think are.

Last night after a 5th of JD, and some nice tofeelya pills, my firm intent was if I could have found the way to pull the plug, punch out of this aircraft called life, and join, Mom and Dad.  For some reason I emailed a copy to the local paper and to , 2 others that I hadn’t meant to, mostly just stewing over possibly being kicked out in the cold. I can just see that headline, AWARDED MARINE COMBAT SQUADRON PILOT, KICKED OUT OF TRAILER HOUSE for none payment of DEPOSIT, in the middle of the winter right before Christmas.

So I was feeling blue and the extra chemicals inside of me I finally was ready if I could have found the exit lever, I’d have pulled it.

But at around 03:30 Hours, I heard my Drill instructor, in my head saying;

Marine, you’ve been in worst places and in worse shape than this, pull your ass up and face this as a Marine.

So I said well Monday is a new dad, I’ll look into all I can there’s help here somewhere.

So I fell asleep, and was in the middle of cereal and coffee when the Uinta County Sheriffs office came by, gave me some incite and information I’m fine now. But its a simple case of Bipolar, that many returning Marine, and Navy Pilots, many we served with, in both tours and theaters in the oil bucket of the world, you come home, thinking life is going to be one way and a few might honor your service to keep them free, by helping you out in some mundane but needed things, like a bed, like gas, even a can or two of SKOAL, to get you through until you can get you VA, and pension paperwork through, which is why I’m late on the deposit, there just wasn’t enough between rent, and all to do the full deposit. This ad is not fully explanatory.>fraud  but ya’ll have seen my postings on that, but I figured a bit of compassion on the deposit, considering the time of year. But I’ve been hounded worse than I have ever, for $165.00 .

But for being a member of the 214 , you’d think that one could get a heads up and a hand up, not hand out, but hand up. Many of the Knytes-of-Anarchy/AyreWolvez unit are retired or discharged members of various Marine and Navy air squadrons, organized to help other Marine and Naval aviators in crisis situations. That’s why there is the radio station to generate money to have relief funds for situations like mine.

Sure in Uinta County Wyoming that resource is just getting started, we sure could use money, for an office here as well as public ink to tell the military public just what it is we are doing, and have a 24 hour crisis hotline, for Vets. Later in 2015 Obama is going to bring home 40,000 plus Marines and Sailors, many will have mental and health and adjustment problems. Its a condition of having somebody that knows what its like, not just some clinical nurse that might have an idea. To see your buddy shot down, to see a leg fly off on a runway patrol, due to an IED, all of a sudden your alone. The reason to get a bar built and running, like that of the Reaper(old Lotty’s) is to have the equivalent of a USO club in Evanston Wyoming, where military currently serving and those retired can get together and help each other, socialize , etc that’s why we are here. Our Marine and Navy brothers and sisters will need us, and instead of doing like I did, last night into early morning, having a friend with a uniform, come put their arms around you and say this is a way we can help, can prevent much of what I nearly did last night.

That’s why I’m hoping the Uinta County Herald and such will do some stories on our group, so that maybe some out there with a bit deeper pockets will contribute to serve those that serve now and have served.

The BlackSheep wasn’t just a TV show, it was very much real, the designation from;VMF to VMA came in 1963. Training facilities moved from the Solomon Islands to Yuma Arizona at MCAS but the 214 still flies, AV-8’s(Harriers) mostly, in first , out last to clean up the mess, and no other squadron has more awards, more distinguished recognition that the 214. You’d just think that a few , might look beyond their nose to spite their face. Fortunately , the local newspaper editor did, maybe he ought to give me a job there, ya’ll think?

L8R Aviators

 my tag_thumb CLUB WYNGZ2

club save_thumb WOLF TAIL1

No comments:

Post a Comment