Friday, December 26, 2014

Media run amonk

Dixie Nation Newswolf bark

This is another reason I need to be closer to town.

I just read that Dish Network will pull Fox news, And Fox Business Channel off their system. Seems that FoX can’t get along in the spoiled kids sandbox with Dish. So the consumer is going to take it in the groin.

Oh sure there is DirecTV and I had them for awhile. The cause of divorce from DirecTV wanting damn near $450.00 to move my service from Twin Falls Idaho, to Ogden Utah. I let em set it up, but I said I’m not paying for the installation. Service yes, but for me to spend $400.00 for you to have some kid, to come to my house, climb up on the house put up the dish, then align it, your absolutely idiotic. Hell I wasn’t charged one penny for my first installation in Twin Falls and was only paying like $53.00 for service there. But it points to the choices consumers are being charged for entertainment. As well as news. And the big players are closing ranks and circling the wagons to keep anyone and anything out that would threaten that dominance. But consumers are getting new opportunities. The FCC , after so long agreed that IPTV stations , can buy and run network TV shows from the networks, or upload these channels then rebroadcast over the Internet. Such networks as Fox News or FoX Business Channel or both could be purchased from FoX and reran over the Internet rather than cable or satellite.

It’s the same thing that took place when cable/Satellite got so greedy before. People built online stations, TV/satellite could not compete, so they tried to strangle the IPTV’ stations be restricting rebroadcast rights. The FCC cleared that hurdle and now such network as DXETV can do IPTV with the good stuff.

BTW, DXETV is advertiser supported , not subscriber supported, in essence ya’ll can watch DXETV over the Internet, rather than cable or satellite, kinda like Hulu.

But there needs to be cyber czar, too. I think some of the crap, you see online is way over the top, and some regulation should be enacted. Such as copying somebody’s email account like one partly did on my Hotmail account, how one can kidnap my account name on YouTube and post something that I had no way of posting. But then people get pissed at me. Except those that know me, ought to know as smart as I am I don’t know how to upload to YouTube. True Livestream I upload to, but with Livestream, they provide the software and instructions.

But if it were not for the FREE tutorial, from Livestream I couldn’t do them either.

With Livestream you get a FREE phone number, with YouTube you get Google, nothing wrong with Google, but ever tried to call Google? With a problem? You get sent to the Q&A page, but your never going to talk to anyone at Google, unless YOU go to Mountain View California, drive to the front door, and wrap your hands around one of those 28 year old tech geeks there and say , “listen brother something on YouTube etc is fucked up, fix it” That’s the only way to get Google’s attention.

At least for now ain’t got too. BTW wish I could do that with a few at Facebook.

But I’m off target, as consumers there needs to be better TV and such that we are getting is too limited and quality of product is not worth the royalty etc rates these actors etc are crying about to retain their mansions. We need TV and Internet for the shallow pocket rural American, and that’s where the fight that was undertaken by the Knytes starts.

TTYLY

my tag_thumb CLUB WYNGZ2

DXEAYRE TAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment