Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It wasn’t always this way but times required a new name

wolf tymez HAZZARD LOVE REPORT

I had to get this out b4 going and folding up on the floor to catch some sleep.

I’m most likely the one person, and it must be said, the single person that loves, not just in the past but still lives and loves the Dukes-of-Hazzard, or at least Hazzard County not just the actors, episodes etc, but the life lessons and the southern heritage that it swelled up in me.

With that said few people have spent their own hard earned money, the majority of a family trust fund, and nearly 40 years of my life defending that one tiny TV show that the critics thought would never live past the second episode.

Without getting into another full history session here, there came a time in mid 2007, after doing a thing on Pocatello Idaho’s Cable Access station Vision12, on the history of Hazzard County, that I caught an ad online from some rinky dink newspaper out of Mountain Home Idaho about some carpetbagger as it turned out to build a nuke power plant between Hammett Idaho and Mountain Home. So I copied down the phone number, lined up a interview, mostly a flunky job, to help with my income while I rebuilt Hazzard County Choppers/Cooter’s Toewing .

So I went found out that the job was bogus, but my hole in the wall in Pocatello was already rented, the asswipe bikini bouncer there still giving me and the Knytes a problem, and committed to a lease in Glenn’s Ferry I was stuck.

So to dredge up some interest in the club again, I offered that rinky dinked newspaper to allow me to do a weekly blog on things Hazzard County. Sharing visions of southern history, farm kountry life Hazzard style. Now there was this lady who from the word get go was against us , but she had commented that my statement in one entry about some of the area drivers not having any more brains than a maggot, started a turf war that eventually had me once again packing bags. But we’ll talk about that another time. Although I will state this, it was not to mean everybody in Mountain Home or Elmore County were assholes or idiots, its the fact many who drive through that area turn on the ignition key and turn off their brain. Nothing more , nothing else was meant.

So in search of some of the Hazzard Knytes founders I found 3, most had left, the rest had gotten married and had other domestic responsibilities. So on a trip to a club celebration in Boise , thought was, lets slightly urbanize the club, but retain the Hazzard image as the Knytes, but how?

It was one of those seldom seen but always reimaged bolts from above that drove this next bit.

It was the winter of 2007, unlike this year, God above meant myself and 5 members of the club to remain at home. So he decided to snow. With the gift of satellite TV, the only TV network on was FX and on there was the third episode of Sons of Anarchy. I thought guys this is us, except we were not exactly a bikers club, but most of the club did and do ride Harley’s , but more of a classic big rig truckers group wanting to preserve old skool trucking , Hazzard County and of course southern heritage.

So a call was made to those that needed to be contacted and as long as we didn’t go too overboard we could use the logos and a few of the background parts of the TV show. So as we already had crafted the RodeWolvez as part of the official name, we reworked SAMCRO as SAMCRWO or Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club RodeWolvez Original, and the rest of it is history. And that’s how the Hazzard County Knytes became the Knytes-of-Anarchy.

So when you see the name with both years established in both 1982 and 2008, its because the Hazzard County Knytes was established in 1982 and the Knytes-of-Anarchy was re-established in 2008. Hey it took a year to work out all the bugs and clinks.

Now as I close I want to say this and its no disrespect of both Ben, Alma or any cast member or part of the Hazzard County community, including DOH. But long before Cooter’s Place was established, the Hazzard County Knytes was already working on such the same thing as Cooter’s Place that we were going to call Hazzard County CSA located on that same patch of ground that the carpetbagger was going to build that nuke power plant on. Guess the Elmore County folks should have let us do it, huh?

Long before there was DukesFest, there was and is looking at 2017 again, for it to reoccur , but the Hazzard County Knytes did a gig called the Hazzard County Nationals, and yet at no time has anybody beit Ben, Alma or anybody from the show offered up one single penny to support what we did and do for DOH and the Hazzard County community. Myself I drove myself into the hospital from fatigue in doing things for the Hazzard County community, and not too long ago, when Alma wrote me an email on Warner Brothers reaching some deal on removing our flag from the General, I and the Knytes did not just write emails, file petitions, but I and the Knytes coalition drove to Hollywood, went to Warner Brothers and fought to keep that flag on the General Lee.

So now as I head to my bed on the floor, I want to beg of you again, if there is any way any of ya’ll that can help HazzardAyre on the air, please do so. It’s not for me, I could just walk away from it somewhat. It’s for you who love Hazzard County, Dixie, and the magic that was and could be again, help us achieve the $2,000.00 we need to keep the sounds of Hazzard County and the south alive, pony up $10.00 or $20.00 or even more if you can, and send it to HazzardAyre Radio , care of the Knytes-of-Anarchy, 3079 Yellow Creek Road #1741 Evanston Wyoming 82930.

TTYLY

fb321ca6-e281-46c1-3306-ded6dc26cdc2-banner me too

club save_thumb pleasent view tail_thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment