Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Throw the Wolf a Bone here will ya?

wolf tymez wolfs scroll

Every now and then I get to wondering since the question came up the other day, at Jody’s Diner here in Evanston, that with all my intelligence, why don’t you have a better job? Making more or at least a bit more money?

The answer, first, nobody has offered. I write and send the local editor of our local newspaper countless links to the blog here and yet the editor doesn’t come out or send an email, saying do you want to do a section of our paper? Do you want to write for our paper? Would you like to feature your blog in our newspaper? Now granted being communications challenged right now may have something to do with it, a situation about to be fixed come the first of the month, but even so, not even an email, from the Herald saying come in let’s talk? The other answer is and I’d jump at a opportunity to write for the Uinta County Herald I think they could use me, might increase circulation. But thing is too, between the duties to the Knytes, and attempting to get my own MC(Motorcycle) shop and of course the tow service resurrected, my hands are pretty much tied.  But if it were offered sure I’d do it. There are so many that say , ah just go get a job, but few say , hey I know somewhere you could get a job, or hey how about coming to work for me? Some say go work for another tow service, which is fine, but few will hire someone that is a direct competitor enabling me to get my own tow service up and running, cutting their piece of the tow pie thin.

Then there was the friendly advice of our local Sheriff’s office Sunday. Thank goodness the paper passed it along, but the deputies were saying go do this , or go do that , just call these people. Hey how about donating to the gas replenish fund so I could, or hey we’ll help you get a phone so you can call these other people.

Its this same thing with the Knytes, but with a twist. We say, why doesn’t somebody do this or that? Yet few provide the resources for someone to do this or that. When I relate the conditions of a could be situation, the Knytes are right there saying, since nobody else is doing this, lets us do this. Instead of complaining, we do something about it, albeit somewhat slow. Uncle Jessie Duke, used to say and oh do I miss those talks we used to have fishing down at Hazzard lake, he would say, “ Don’t bitch, elect to fix” My Dad used to carry that one further, he would say , “ See your hand ? You have one pointing out, but three pointing in, instead of complaining go do something about it.” Then of course there is my military pension and Social Security, If I go work full time , I loose the one money safety net I got. So everything I do has a condition that its volunteer doing duties for the Knytes, and if there’s some back throw money I get about 5cents on the dollar , but its very low, I do it because I truly love my riding and trucking brothers and sisters not to mention but I will, that I truly in love with my Marine and Navy aviator buddies and sisters that I served with and the squadron that I was with. So I do what I can to help prevent them from going through the red tape and all hell that I go through. And have went through. The transition has not been an easy one.

Of course the story there goes much further, but its all these people that say why don’t you do this, or do that, hey Throw the old Wolf here a bone will ya, give me a job writing for the paper, and so on.

TTYLY

my tag_thumb CLUB WYNGZ2

DXEAYRE TAIL club save_thumb

No comments:

Post a Comment