Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Then the Church wonders why?

Dixie Nation News wolf prowl

As I get ready to turn in all alone on Christmas, I think it was just last weekend that thoughts of punching out of the cockpit of life, that two deputies from the Uinta County Sheriffs office stopped by last Sunday, to at least offer help. Even with a call from the law the local Bishop has yet to come by even if to offer a congenial hello, or anything.

I’m reminded of a conversation I had with my last wards Bishop in Ogden, of how the church is loosing members, due to political and other aspects of the LDS faith that is changing the church so rapidly. No this is not the reason the church is loosing members, its the I don’t care, don’t have time and at least reaching out from the pulpit once in awhile to a member that isn’t really needing money nor resources finance wise, but could use just a simple hug, and saying we’ll pray for you. ANYTHING, but sadly no.

At the last General Conference of the church , the speakers made it abundantly clear that service to each other, loving others as we do ourselves and all was what Jesus taught. It’s the main foundation to our Heavenly Father, as if we don’t love our fellow brethren and sisters and everyone as ourselves, how can we truly love God, or his son Jesus Christ?

Now then, if it hadn’t been for two neighbors next door, not of LDS faith, bringing me over food, a tender conversation, prayer, and a few other things, I wouldn’t have had to knock on the door of Heaven I’d been drifting on through as I’d be dead by now.

Yes the encouragement from the Knytes and the AyreWolvez has been overwhelming, the uplifting talks via Skype to them 3500 miles around the other side of the world has been what’s kept me from loosing my mind, and yet the local LDS Ward can’t even be bothered, even when the request came from the local law. At least they came by. If it weren’t for the radio gear in Woods Cross and all I’d be willing to say that this might be my place of setting down roots, but the duty calls. The reason I put so much time into that is , beyond service to those who answered the call from the Marines, to fly and uplift and defend our constitution, the other reason. The Knytes and the AyreWolvez, gives me a reason to wake up in the morning, and helps me retain a willingness to live. If I were to rely on the love of the Church, I’d been a whacko in some loony bin somewhere or dead.

So here it is Christmas, I’m all alone and yet not one person has came by except for my neighbors to even say Merry Christmas.

And the church asks why?

How about reaching beyond your circle of home comfort and riches and humbling yourself to go to a person also lonely or doing what all or most of the leaders of the church spoke on last conference, go visit those not as fortunate as yourself.

A hug and a prayer, does wonders.

My neighbors were talking to me to go be baptized in their church, in a week or so, and I’m very much considering it. This Bishops are why people are leaving the Church, and looking elsewhere.

Merry Christmas ya’ll

my tag_thumb CLUB WYNGZ2

WOLF TAIL1 CHRISTMAS CARD 2014

AYREWOLVEZ CHRISTMAS CARD 2014 Croped Nauty or Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment